General Security Tips
Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait will never ask you to disclose your personal card details such as the Card PIN number, CVV or any confidential banking details. Your Card PIN must be kept secret and known only to you.
Dear customer, if in doubt about any email, call or text message, call ABK's Call Center Ahlan Ahli 1899899. Our staff will assist you immediately and are available 24/7 for your service. If you are outside Kuwait call +965 22442211.
What is Phishing?
Phishing is the act of sending an e-mail, text message or calling and falsely claiming to be an established, legitimate enterprise in this case, a Bank, to scam the user into sharing private information that will be used for identity theft. Requests from unauthorized channels for your personal information are known as phishing attempts.
In cases of an e-mail or text message phishing attack, the message will direct the user to visit a Web site where they are asked to update personal information, such as passwords, credit card and bank account numbers. The website, however, is fake and set up only to steal the user's information.
How to Spot Phishing Scams?
- Look for warning signs like requests for personal information. Note: ABK will never ask for any of your personal information by email, text message, or random phone calls.
- Look out for the language and tone of the email/text message, fraud messages usually urge you to act quickly and make a suggestion that your account is vulnerable or is likely to be closed if you do not provide the personal information.
Security Tips for Online Banking:
- Never fill out any personal banking information in an email, surveys or feedback forms.
- Commit your passwords to memory rather than writing them somewhere, and never share or give out your information.
- Every time you complete your online banking session, Sign off from www.eahli.com. Do not just close your browser.
- To access eahli online banking, always type in the correct URL (https://abk.eahli.com) into your browser window. Never click a link that offers to take you to our website.
- Change your Online Banking passwords at regularly. Example: Once in 3 months.
- Your password should not be easy to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- Never share your Online Banking passwords with others, even family members.
- Always check the last sign-in to your Online Banking account. Log in to Online Banking account and see at the bottom “User Information” to view the date and time of your last sign-in.
- Ensure you have Anti-Virus Software installed, updated and running. Always use security software with an anti-virus, anti –spyware and firewall features to protect your computer.
Security Tips for Mobile Banking:
- Set up a Pin/password/fingerprint to access your mobile phone
- Register for SMS alerts to keep track of your banking transactions.
- Do not click on any links in a message requesting any bank information.
- If you have to share your mobile with anyone else or send it for repair/maintenance
o Clear the browsing history
o Clear cache and temporary files stored in the memory as they may contain your account numbers and other sensitive information
o Block your mobile banking applications by contacting your bank. You can unblock them when you get the mobile back
- Do not save confidential information such as your debit/credit card numbers, CVV numbers or PIN's on your mobile phone
- Keep your mobile's operating system and applications, including the browser, updated with the latest security patches and upgrades
- Do not enable auto-fill or save user IDs or passwords for mobile banking online
- Avoid using unsecured Wi-Fi, public or shared networks
- Only download apps from official app stores such as Apple iTunes, Google Play Store
- Never disclose personal information or online banking credentials via e-mail or text message as these can be used for identity theft
- Log out from online mobile banking or application as soon as you have completed your transactions and close that window.
- Take extra care while typing confidential information such as your account details and password on your mobile in public places
- In case you lose your mobile phone, please call our 24-hour Customer Care to disable the ABK mobile app.
ATM Safety Tips:
- Memorize your PIN. Do not write it down anywhere, and certainly never on the card itself
- Do not share your PIN or card with anyone, not even your friends or family
- When at the ATM machine use your hand to shield the keypad as you enter the PIN
- Do not take help from strangers for using the ATM card or handling your cash
- If your ATM card is lost or stolen, report it to nearest ABK branch and inform call center to block the card immediately
- When you deposit a cheque or card into your ATM, check the credit entry in your account after a couple of days. If there is any discrepancy, report it to the bank
- If your card gets stuck in the ATM, or if cash is not dispensed after you have keyed in a transaction, call the call center immediately.
Safety Tip for OTP – One Time Password use:
- Never Share your OTP with anyone.
- ABK staff will never ask for your OTP/PIN/CVV/Password
- Inform us when you change your mobile number registered with ABK
- Beware of strange phone calls trying to obtain confidential or banking
- Ensure you operate banking transaction from trusted and secure devices
Call ABK's Call Center Ahlan Ahli 1 899 899 to ask questions, our staff will assist
you immediately and are available 24/7 for your service. If you are outside Kuwait
call +965 22442211.